Strategic Alliance Innovation Manager
Strategic Alliance Innovation Manager
Innovation is in HP's DNA. From our origins in a Palo Alto garage in 1939, to our current position as one of the world's leading technology companies, HP has grown to become a leader in technology and corporate culture, inspiring innovators and entrepreneurs around the globe.
HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software and services to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that attracts exceptional talent and to supporting our employees to succeed at all levels. We dream in over 35 languages and share one mission: to engineer experiences that amaze.
The Customer Experience and Portfolio Strategy team is leading the process to reinvent the PC business. As part of this reinvention, we are building an organization that is obsessed with our customer, analyzing the competition, driving innovation and thinking about the end-to-end customer experience to bring products that deliver the best price, features set and value proposition to our customers around the world. The Strategic Alliance Innovation Manager sits within the CEPS Innovation organization and is responsible for defining and executing the innovation agenda for CEPS with external partners such as Microsoft, Intel, and Nvidia.
As the Alliance Innovation Manager, you will:
- Manage the strategic innovation portion of relationships with our key partners. Ensure alignment of key technology areas and pilot projects for market and technology assessment.
- Identify customer pain points and insights, work with different stakeholders to ideate, validate, bring new technology from our partners and ultimately deliver these technologies to market.
- Establish relationship with suppliers, CTO, business units, ID and other stakeholders to collaboratively collect and implement the innovation agenda.
- Support business unit innovation engagements with key partners and report roll-ups of activity by partner. Track project progress, report project status, and analyze results against objectives, e.g. SharePoint, Microsoft Project, etc.
- Define the scope of work for new projects, clearly identify tasks and responsibilities for all project team members and establish target completion dates for key project milestones. Interface with department managers and senior management to facilitate allocation and prioritization of resources necessary to achieve objectives within established timelines.
- Identify and resolve emerging issues that may impact projects, department or regional goals. Facilitate the exchange of required information and documentation and lead collaborative meetings and teleconferences between internal personnel and outside suppliers to resolve emerging issues and technology transfer. Recognize potential threats to project success and elevate issues to senior management.
- Conduct lessons learned and project close-out sessions to obtain information that can be used to improve future projects.
- Strong technical background, preferably in CPU/GPU/ASIC.
- Well-developed breadth of practical as well as academic knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to generate a variety of highly effective documents, including reports, spreadsheets, and presentations on highly technical subjects.
- Ability to organize and lead cross-functional teams, and develop robust networks throughout HP.
- Solid problem solving skills and ability to discern and apply creative approaches.
- Strong business acumen to evaluate and communicate the impact of emerging technologies on business models and business success.
- Ability to identify important technology and business control points and to develop strategies to maximize business success.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 8+ years related experience or Master's degree and a minimum of 4 - 6 years experience
- External partner engagement management
- Product/technology development
- Project management
- Presentations to executives, technologists, and managers
Bachelor's degree in an engineering, computer science, or physical science required. Advanced technical degree or MBA desirable.
We are looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future is yours to create. Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your knowledge and interests please apply today- we are eager to learn more about you.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Karla F.COO Chief of Staff
Karla assists with the coordination of every project HP’s COO undertakes, ranging from strategy, IT, and procurement to real estate, customer support, and more.
Back to top