Statutory Accounting Manager/Germany Country Lead
HP HUB based in Wroclaw - European Capital of Culture – employs more than 500 highly experienced and qualified finance professionals. We are supporting EMEA region in the field of accounting, tax, treasury, audit and financial analysis.
What makes HP Wroclaw HUB unique:
- Career development: cross teams and cross regions rotations support
- Flexibility: work from home & adjustable working hours
- Multinational environment: interaction with people across the world & multinational teams
- High CSR focus – numerous Corporate Social Responsibility programs
As Statutory Accounting Manager/Germany Country Lead, you will be a key member of EMEA Statutory Team, preparing set of financial statements in close collaboration with Regional Controller and strong engagement with tax teams. Moreover you will be responsible for operational oversite and direct management of Germany team made by 5 statutory accountants.
The EMEA Statutory Team is accountable for ensuring that all business activities
are reflected correctly in HP books. This requires close cooperation with business finance teams as well as a thorough understanding of HP complex transaction processing and reporting system environment. Our team is the counterpart for accounting teams in the Finance Shared Services centers as well as for the European and worldwide finance organizations.
Your range of responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring compliance with HP's financial policies and local legal accounting regulations
- Playing a key role in closing HP Germany books on a monthly basis
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly statutory balance sheet reviews and quarterly profit and loss analytical review, including conversion from management GAAP to Country GAAP
- Preparation of the annual set of statutory financial statements and applicable notes in accordance with German GAAP
- Supervision of ongoing statutory/tax reviews and dealing with internal & external auditors
- Managing Germany team made of 5 Statutory Accountants
- Liaison with local government agencies when needed
- Cooperation with third party external providers for all matters requiring external consultancy and support (e.g. actuaries)
- Active involvement in local process improvement projects and new system implementations/rollouts as well as merger/acquisition activity
Education and Experience
- A university degree with a focus in business or economics and accounting certification (ex. Certified Public Accountant (CPA), ACCA or equivalent)
- or Master degree in Accounting and auditing/controlling
- Min. 10 years of work experience in finance/accounting
- Min. 2 years of experience as people manager
- Perfect German and excellent English language skills (oral and written)
Knowledge and Skills required
- Strong proven knowledge of US GAAP and local GAAP (HGB), ideally also German Tax law understanding
- Solid SAP experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong initiative and independence
- Excellent communication skills and superior teamwork skills and ability to influence multiple organizations: business centers, country controllership, tax, treasury organization
- Medical insurance
- Multisport card
- HP contribution in languages courses and professional qualifications
- Work life balance
HP is a fortune 100 company, a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top