Statutory Accountant - Luxembourg
As Statutory Accountant, located in Luxembourg you will be a key member of EMEA Controllership Team, preparing set of financial statements in closely collaboration with country Controller and strong engagement with tax teams, including collaboration in HP quarterly tax forecasting exercise.
Your range of responsibilities will include medium and complex financial analysis for the statutory accounts area such as:
- Conversion from management GAAP to Country GAAP,
- On-going statutory accounting review and booking of adjustments,
- Day-to-day queries on these companies,
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly statutory balance sheet reviews and quarterly fiscal profit and loss analytical review, including reconciliation of management vs. statutory accounting,
- Liaising with the business owners and Global Finance Teams to clear any anomalies, errors or omissions and with the auditors to clear audit queries
- Strong ability to define opportunities for statutory process improvement and engage the design is desired as well.
The candidate will collaborate on the preparation of annual disclosures to the financial statements and response E&Y ad hoc external queries for certain areas:
- Prepare annual set of financial statements and applicable notes in accordance with the local GAAP, including balance sheet, income statement, equity statement, cash flow statement and notes
- Conduct on-going statutory accounting reviews and booking of adjustments and reclassifications needed to comply with local accounting and tax laws
- Keep the Local GAAP Assets Accounts Database revised and up to date
- Monitor standard activities to ensure potential balance sheet risk areas are being managed - attend & contribute to quarterly balance sheet reviews
- Liaise with the country Controller and auditor to ensure that statutory requirements are met
- Deal with ad-hoc accounting queries as when they occur
- Resolve issues between Finance and our partners on an ad hoc basis
- Prepare National Statistics Forms
- Monthly preparation of transfer pricing margins under guidelines defined by HP Transfer Pricing team. Presentation of margin position to WW review.
Education and Experience
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics, advanced degree and accounting certification (ex. Certified Public Accountant (CPA), ACCA or equivalent) or Master degree in Accounting and auditing/controlling
- Preferable +4 years of finance experience
- Fluent in English and fluent in one of the following languages: French, German, Dutch
Knowledge and Skills required
- Excellent understanding of Accounting principles and financial analysis
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent business applications skills - Microsoft excel, Power Point
- Excellent communication skills and superior teamwork skills and ability to influence multiple organizations: business centers, country controllership, tax, treasury organization
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today- we are eager to learn more about you. If you know a friend who may be a fit for the role please refer them.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top