Sr Manager, Competitive Analysis & Intelligence
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- tablets, phablets, notebooks
- mobile workstations
We're looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future's yours to create!
The Manager of Competitive Analysis & Intelligence is responsible for leadership and management a highly technical and diverse team to deliver insights about competitions: technology, business models, in-market and financial performance, trends, HP Inc strategy reviews and support Legal and PR escalation as required. Lead ink and laser supplies competitive activities, including Security and reverse engineering as well as HPS HW. Manage 7+ HP employees (based out of Vancouver).
- Responsible to build and develop high performing technology team comprising of reverse engineering of chemistry, fluidics, PrintHeads, firmware, WS, SW, IDS, toner formulations, LLC as well as financial , business and market research analytics.
- Work with the strategy and deployment lead on the assessment and creation of competition roadmaps of technology and business plans.
- Provide technical assessment and recommendations for the Security PMO and all HP Inc senior management.
- Provide leadership in determining day-today activities.
- Influence at an executive level on key strategies including technology development, assessment of current and future capabilities and deployment opportunities.
- Provide overall people-care management and leadership for direct reports, including hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; drives and fosters organization-wide performance standards, expectations, and practices to support ongoing team member and process development, resulting in confidence and alignment on decisions and strategies
- Advanced university degree essential. A postgraduate qualification in Business Management or relevant experience would be desirable.
- Typically 10+ years of related work experience, including 5 or more years of people management experience at a Senior level.
- Strong technical background supplies, Supplies (ink & Laser), HW and FW.
- Highly analytical approach with strong financial skills and demonstrated data driven decision making
- Excellent leadership skills, including coaching, teambuilding, conflict resolution, and management with demonstrated ability to lead global teams.
- Country or regional sales experience would be advantageous.
- Ability to influence across and up/down in a highly matrixed organization.
- Balances strategic thinking with tactical action to drive results.
- Advanced project management skills including time and risk management, resource prioritization, and project structuring.
- Experienced in managing teams across geographies to drive workforce development and achieve desired results
- Superior business acumen, technical knowledge of multiple business units, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies
- Advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Advanced relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Collaborates across functions to deliver effective program management solutions.
- A proven ability to articulate concepts and ideas to senior management and obtain the necessary sponsorship and funding to execute them.
- Understands technology and business trends and how they impact on the printing business.
- Balances strategic thinking with tactical action to drive results
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top