Sr Big Data Engineer
- Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of end-user applications software running on local, networked, and Internet- based platforms.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution - mainly in Big Data Domain using Amazon Web Services.
- Designs Big Data Database Schemas.
- Leads a project team of other software applications engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned applications portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding software applications design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Represents the software applications engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 6-12 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using software applications design tools and languages.
- Expert at SQL Queries.
- Experience with Java or Scala build systems: maven, ant, sbt and gradle.
- Experience with AWS Big Data Stack - Kinesis, EMR, Spark is appreciated.
- Experience with Data Bricks is a big bonus
- Experience building and operating at scale
- Significant contribution to development for applications or services with a large user base
- Strong understanding of distributed systems and distributed computation.
- Ability to communicate comfortably, at different levels, with different stakeholders
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with multiple Apache Hadoop / Spark ecosystem applications, like: Hadoop, Hive, Oozie, Pig, Presto, Hue, Spark, Tachyon, Zeppelin • Java or Scala development experience.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top