Solution Technical Program Manager
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP SW is evolving its approach to product development. As such, we are looking for a senior Technical Program Manager to lead planning, execution, and delivery for complicated FW+SW+Cloud programs. We want someone who knows the TPM model, both to act in that role for current programs as well as consult for changes in our overall development processes.
As a Technical Program Manager, you are responsible for driving the teams to deliver highly integrated and complicated services to the market. This position is responsible for understanding and helping to prioritize solution requirements, working with architects on end-to-end designs and interface specifications, creating and executing against the project plan, proactively mitigating risks, and managing the agile software development life cycle from inception to production launch and post production support. You should also be fluent in discussing good SW/services architecture and deployment models, important cloud, mobile and data technologies and trends, and SW/service business models & economics.
- Lead planning, execution, and delivery for complex solution programs
- Prepare and present program and project status and risk areas with trade-offs to key stakeholders at regular intervals
- Create a collaborative work environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, mastery, innovation and learning
- Promote value-driven delivery, innovation, and continuous improvement at multiple levels of the organization
- Communicate shared understanding of direction and objectives into multiple domains
- Identify, analyze, and mitigate risk exposure at all levels
- Interact comfortably in one-to-one meetings with individual technical contributors, senior engineering leaders (technology and business)
- Build strategic relationships with key technology and business leaders to ensure success
- Monitor team backlogs and ensure forward project momentum
- Lead efforts to resolve key project conflicts and establish appropriate resolution paths
- Drive HP SW towards a more modern approach to SW development, including the adoption of the Technical Program Manager role, changes to our development process, and any required organizational change
- Mentors other TPMs/PMs on process and best practices
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 10+ years experience, with 3 years minimum in a Technical Program Manager role.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Designing and integrating software applications running on multiple platform types into overall architecture.
- Experience designing and developing software applications design tools and languages.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of software applications for products and solutions.
- Evaluating and selecting forms and processes for software applications testing and methodology using Agile on Jira.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at business unit and executive levels.
Locations: Vancouver, Boise, San Diego
Back to top