Solution Designer -Managed Print Services
Today HP is a $50 billion fortune 50 company with just under 50,000 employees worldwide across 190 countries. A proven leader in personal systems and printing and the most recommended MPS provider and rated #1 in customer satisfaction.
HP is the worldwide undisputed printing leader with the largest printer market share of 39.9%* and our ultimate goal is to replicate this success in the MPS and A3 market.
If you are looking for a true opportunity to change a market, drive a transformation and lead the way to HP's future success this is the place in HP Switzerland for your next career step.
- Gathers and assesses customer needs, both business and technical.
- Identifies related needs (lead generation, opportunity expansion).
- Identifies site-specific and corporate parameters and constraints that impact the solution.
- Identifies required project steps.
- Identifies likely problem areas that require attention.
- Identifies probable competition and product roll-out data/training needs and evaluates relative HP strengths.
Solution Planning and Design.
- Architects an appropriate technical solution to meet the customer's business requirements.
- Investigates and optimizes a solution's fit to the requirements of an opportunity, both current and future.
- Adapts solution design to new requirements.
- Establishes the validity of a solution and its components.
- Identifies the growth path and scalability options of a solution and includes these in design activities.
- Generates an implementation plan with timelines for the solution.
- Creates the appropriate test plan as required
- Anticipates some of the potential challenges for the proposed project plan.
- Anticipates and plans for competitive threats.
- Actively identifies opportunities to assist peers Regionally in area of expertise (e.g., writing white-papers).
- Maintains excellent communications with customer executive management across the Region.
- Represents HP as technical expert with customers; shares knowledge in area of expertise and links to related technology areas.
- Advances opportunities through the use of effective consultative selling techniques.
- Builds customer loyalty through being a trusted advisor.
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Communicates and articulates the details of their component roles in a proposed customer solution.
- Actively supports the account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer communications.
- Analyzes and provides support to deals in the pipeline where needed.
- Transfers knowledge to Presales peers via mentoring and contributing participation in peer education programs.
- Understands the roles and affectively engages other teams and resources within HP and partners.
- Identifies overlooked opportunities suggested by technical expertise.
- Facilitates smooth transition from sales to implementation by orienting the appropriate teams to the solution design.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education and Experience Required:
- Technical University or Bachelor's degree.
- Typically 4-5 years experience in technical consultative selling and account management.
- Technical and/or solution experience in appropriate industry.
- Experience in vertical industry preferred.
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of HP's technology & solutions, with deep expertise in area of specialization and related technologies.
- Knowledgeable in competitive solutions knowledge.
- Links HP solutions with data business center needs to create customer business value.
- Applies broad understanding of technical innovations & trends to solving customer business problems.
- Applies productivity-enhancing tools and processes.
- Solid credibility with HP's business units and account teams based on history of solid results and contributions.
- Establishes thought leadership in technical specialty area with customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work as the lead for large complex projects.
- Has a high level understanding of the HP product roadmaps for multiple BU's, and deep knowledge in area of specialization.
- Has demonstrated extensive hands-on level skills with some of the technology.
- Leverages financial and accounting concepts as well as capital investment concepts in demonstrating business value of proposed solutions to customers.
- Creates solutions that creatively address customer value chain and business requirements.
- Persuasively communicates the value of the solution in terms of financial return and impact on customer business goals.
- Appropriately tailors communications to varying levels of customer management.
- Extensive level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and able to converse with client on issues and challenges Solution selling.
- Demonstrates strong communications skills with executive managers, as well as some C-level executives.
- Leverages strong understanding of the competition - both positioning strategy and technology - to create competitive advantage for HP.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top