At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Engages client's IT and business staff and management.
- Identifies client's business and technical requirements.
- Understands which offerings best address customer needs.
- Identifies probable competition, evaluates relative strengths.
- Be informed about client budget, pricing, and allowable costs of solution.
Solution Design and Development
- Provides solutions to meet client requirements, is able to adapt to new requirements and optimize solutions.
- Validates standard solutions, services and products early in the planning cycle.
- Considers client growth path, client scalability of elements of solution.
- Creates solution using standard elements and minor customization to meet defined requirements.
- Solutions meet scope and service level agreement objectives.
- Ensures that any solution elements within their scope contribute to an innovative value proposition.
- Is creative and adapts to customer needs rather than providing "boiler plate" responses.
- Defines any risks associated with their solution element.
- Understands the impact on other solution elements, defines and documents mitigation strategies.
- Ensures optimal costs within their scope of responsibility on each deal, using standard tools and thorough review with Delivery.
- Captures and highlights risks and any associated costs.
- Documents how the solution achieves required cost savings.
- Creates detailed cost model, assumptions and service description for one tower component and contributes to client-facing documentation.
- Participates in due diligence activities and integrates results of findings into solution and cost (pre and post contract).
- Is deliverables focused with appreciation of time sensitivity.
- Interprets and executes solution direction.
- Influences subordinates and peers.
- Defines consistent volumes, constraints, assumptions, drivers, "seams" for use by peers, subject matter experts.
- Allocates solution responsibility to peers, subject matter experts, guided by offering or tower sub-component definitions.
- Sets expectations regarding peer and subject matter expert deliverables, timeframes, etc.
- Supports consolidation of models, assumptions by financial analysts, writers and others.
- Communicates inter-tower dependencies, volume overlaps, allowable costs per tower, staff sharing, and more.
- Assesses solution, delivery and client needs to identify integration points.
- Clearly defines all risks through governance process and works to mitigate.
- Provides requested inputs for contract items.
- Transition solutions meet client timeline, asset handling and risk parameters.
- Applies service start-up and delivery organizations' guidelines.
- Conducts component peer reviews, supports higher-level Delivery and commercial governance reviews.
- Builds strong professional relationships with key IT and business executives.
- Applies consultative selling techniques to advance opportunities.
- Builds customer loyalty through being a trusted advisor.
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Effectively communicates and articulates the details of their solution functions in a proposed customer solution
Account Team Collaboration
- Actively supports the account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer communications.
- Transfers knowledge to account team.
- Understands the roles and effectively engages other teams and resources within HP and partners.
- Applies technical skills to identify overlooked opportunities within the account.
- Facilitates smooth transition from sales to implementation by orienting the appropriate teams to the solution design.
Education and Experience Required:
- Technical university or Bachelor preferred or equivalent experience.
- 5-8 years experience in technical selling and/or consultative selling.
- Technical and/or solution experience in IT industry.
- Experience in vertical industry preferred.
- 2-5 years experience in project/program management.
- Preferred technical certifications or relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates solid knowledge of outsourcing services, breadth of solutions.
- Good awareness of portfolio offerings, standards.
- Demonstrates current understanding of technical innovations and trends and their impact on solving customer business problems.
- Demonstrates ability to work as a contributing team member for large complex projects.
- Has a high level understanding of the portfolio roadmaps of multiple business units.
- Understands and applies basic financial and accounting concepts and applies them appropriately in positioning proposed solutions.
- Applies understanding of the customer's value chain and business requirements when designing and proposing solutions.
- Communicates the value of the solution in terms of financial return and benefits, impact on customer business goals.
- Solid level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and able to converse with client on requirements, solution, issues and challenges.
- Development through continuous learning, peer group interactions.
- Fulfils required training.
Back to top