Software Solution Architect
This position can be seated in Houston, Austin, San Diego, Corvallis or Vancouver, WA
Job Description Summary
Software Solution Architect experienced with high volume, highly available, consumer-facing web applications built using Java, J2ee, HTML, HTML5, JSP, JSON, JBoss, Web Services, developed in an agile DevOps team environment.
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- Blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- Multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- Tablets, phablets, notebooks
- Mobile workstations
We are seeking a Software Solution Architect to join our team and help drive successful delivery of an online ordering application for consumer printer ink and toner supplies supporting the sales eco-system including partner resellers and channel management solutions.
- Provide the technical direction required to resolve complex issues to ensure the on-time delivery of solutions that meet business expectations.
- Provide advanced technical consulting and advice to proposal efforts, solution design. You will offer advice to the Printer Supplies Business and Information Technology leadership on application of technology to meet the business challenges.
- Set appropriate direction to IT capability roadmap to support Supplies use.
- This role will see you working with a number of business and IT organizations; in requirement/rationale and interlocks to/from different IT organizations a total solution; to deliver a positive outcome needed by the business stakeholders.
- Responsible for design, development and maintenance of an online ordering application for consumer products supporting the sales eco-system including partner resellers and channel management solutions.
- Provide technical and functional expertise on the platform. Engage with business analysts, architecture and subject matter experts to develop and drive holistic solutions.
- Engage with IT project manager to plan tasks. Communicates concepts, action plans crisply to sourcing provider, business, IT and division leadership.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 6-10 years experience writing code, Java preferred.
- Agile Scrum Master experience perferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with information systems that support the design of online solutions to facilitate ordering, replenishing high volume ink supplies and acquisition of related information to improve sales motion of such products.
- Strategic thinking and architectural experience with consumer facing systems
- Expertise in solution delivery utilizing technologies Using Java, J2ee, HTML, HTML5, JSP, JSON, JBoss, Web Services, database access technologies and integrations with cloud platforms.
- Experience in Agile software development using Scrum/Jira Kanban
- Experience with Business Continuity and High Availability solutions
- Experience working with vendors for production support & development projects
- Ability to develop Java Web Services
- Experience working in large environments with onshore, offshore teams and outsourced application development teams
- Experience in application production support, trouble tickets initiation & resolution process
- Comprehensive knowledge of relational database (SQL/Oracle) and popular web/internet related technology; Ability to quickly learn new technology and applications as needed
- Comfortable in an environment of rapid change and ambiguity and proven ability to creatively define and deliver solutions.
- Good working knowledge of Infrastructure environment and had experience in Site-to-Site and/or Zone-to-Zone setup and operability.
- Has led a cross functional team in the delivery of multiple solutions across multiple technologies.
- Has performed troubleshooting across a complex IT infrastructure.
- Experience in working in DevOps environment
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top