Software Security Intern - Under Graduate Student
HP's world class platform team producing “World's Most Secure and Manageable PCs” is looking for Graduate Computer Science / Graduate Computer Engineering for an internship opportunity. This position will be located at our Houston, Texas campus.
In this role, you'll learn new practical and industry demanding skills, explore our enterprise, network with industry leading subject matter experts and thought leaders in fields like Security, and Modern Enterprise / Cloud Manageability, and finish with a resume that opens doors. We are looking for a proactive, diligent team player, who will gain experience in seamlessly working across multiple teams and functions in HP, interfacing with senior system architects, technologists and engineers who possess a diverse set of skills ranging from academic research through to product development. They will have an interest in software development trends and be able to identify the applications of these in the PC Platform Enabling capabilities, security, manageability, cloud based services and applications, etc. In the process, you will gain something even more valuable: pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of PC / IT security, and how technology should be influenced to create a secure and dynamic “Office of the Future”.
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug software applications and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions, especially in the areas of computer security.
- Conduct multidisciplinary research (firmware, software, cloud), and collaborate with architects and senior software and hardware development leads in planning, design, development and utilization of security principles for product and commercial software.
- Determine computer user needs; analyze system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, work with senior engineers and marketing team members to understand how requirements are gathered for a complex project
- Work with world class security researchers from HP Labs to work on complex computer and IT problems requiring software and security principles. Become a member of the team that develops leading edge proof of concepts for new products that ship on 20 million plus PCs worldwide every year, in 30 plus languages.
- Learn skills like Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SSDL) working with subject matter experts in the field.
- Learn the fundamentals of system and software penetration testing while working in our security lab
Education and Experience
- Be a student who is enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university
- Be majoring in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or a related software field.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) during summer 2018. Candidate will have the opportunity to continue their work part time with HP after summer of 2018 (20 hours per week)
- Preference will be given to those with:
- a strong knowledge of modern programming languages such as C++, C#, Java
Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top