Software Project Manager
HP Software already empowers 100s of millions of HP imaging devices around the globe. Now, we're just getting started growing new user experiences with scaled mobile, desktop, cloud/web, and IoT software solutions in innovative ways. The solutions you will help us build will make HP printing products come alive for customers no matter where or how they are connected, what screen they look at, what app they love, or what OS platform they love it on. HP software and services are no longer about drivers. We are about making best-in-class end-to-end experiences for people around the world we enjoy, our families enjoy, and our customers appreciate.
As part of the Print Software and Solutions group you will lead a team as Project Manager to create experiences that delight customers around the world.
This position requires working across the organization to define solutions and experiences. Once the solutions are defined, leads the team to deliver the solutions, and analyze effectiveness. Essential skills are ability to achieve consensus, drive data driven decision making, and optimizing the team effectiveness.
- Provides direct and ongoing leadership for a team of individual contributors designing and implementing software solutions.
- Manages headcount, deliverables, schedules, and costs for multiple ongoing projects, ensuring that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met.
- Communicates project status and escalates issues to direct managers, program managers, and internal and external development partners.
- Manages relationships with outsourced partners and suppliers
- Ensures that team members are effectively communicating and collaborating with outsourced resources.
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience is required. A Master's Degree in Computer Science or MBA is preferred.
- 10+yrs of Software Development methodology experience
- Worked in geographically diverse teams
- Experience transforming teams and organizations to new methodologies
Detailed Requirements / Preferences:
- Agile technical project management of multiple software releases
- Work across multiple technical teams to develop solutions
- Led backlog grooming sessions and drive solutions to completion working with Agile Teams
- Clarify any acceptance criteria, work with program lead, technical lead
- Detailed knowledge of Configuration Management Systems and processes
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to influence and negotiate with senior leadership:
- Requires effective communication with cross-functional teams and management.
- System Design: Knowledge of the system design procedures and the ability to translate functional business requirements into an application system.
- Value Proposition: Knowledge of procedures used to demonstrate the ROI of the solution
- Managing Supplier Relationships: Knowledge of and the ability to balance relationships with suppliers utilizing the appropriate level of oversight, probing and persistence in order to achieve win/win agreements and relationships.
- Basic Project Management: Knowledge of project management principles and the ability to apply the principles, tools and techniques to develop/plan, manage or execute projects or workplans to ensure successful completion (e.g., on time, within budget).
- Engineering Skills: Knowledge of and the ability to understand, design, apply and troubleshoot mechanical and electrical systems.
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the business.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top