Software Product Manager
The Software Product Manager position provides marketing leadership to develop differentiated and compelling software solutions for the Commercial PC product portfolio. This position will be instrumental in the development and management of key software experiences that align with the overall Commercial PC strategy and help the organization maintain industry leadership and achieve aggressive growth targets.
This position reports to the Manager of Software Product Marketing in the Commercial PC global business unit in the Personal Systems organization.
The position is based in Houston, Texas.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Software Product Manager position is responsible for the development and management of new software initiatives and business opportunities. The emphasis of the role will be to work with cross-functional teams in the planning, evaluation, development, implementation, and marketing of software preinstalled on Commercial PC products.
- Conduct market research to determine emerging industry trends, markets, and product categories, as well as develop a thorough knowledge of the SMB & enterprise software landscape.
- Understand customer pain points and key usage model trends through customer insights, primary and syndicated research, and analysis of customer, competitor, and product trends
- Identify and evaluate business opportunities with industry partners and ISVs
- Implement customer and market insights into actionable business and product requirements and drive the product definition and roadmap through R&D and other internal teams/stakeholders.
- Work with strategic partners to address key technology integration into software solutions
- Communicate strategic initiatives and business plan/ROI to extended team and upper management
- Own the software product lifecycle from concept through production release and end-of-life
- Create customer-facing marketing communication, participate in various go-to-market and training activities, and generally promote the solutions to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven record of success in product marketing management, as well as functional experience in technology planning, business development, and project management
- Ability to evaluate general computing and usage model trends, market & competitive landscape, and generate strategy recommendations
- In-depth knowledge of marketing elements (product, pricing, promotion and positioning)
- Team-oriented self-starter able to work and partner with different personalities and professional styles
- Customer-centric focus with the ability to communicate, strategize, plan, and prioritize while seeing through the eyes of the customer
- Excellent communicator with strong influencing and presentation skills
- Passion for technology and good knowledge of life cycle for technology products
- Excellent organization skills with an attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree in technical or business field (MBA strongly preferred)
- Minimum 7 years product management experience
- Experience in technology industry (PC and software experience preferred)
- Excellent writing, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Good presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Fluent in English
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top