Software Firmware Engineer
HP is the world's leading personal systems and printing company, we create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Our innovation springs from a team of individuals, each collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge, and experience to advance the way the world works and lives.
We are looking for visionaries, like you, who are ready to make a purposeful impact on the way the world works.
At HP, the future is yours to create!
If you are our Software Firmware Engineer in Singapore, you will have a chance to:
- Design enhancement, update, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of firmware.
- Analyze design and determine coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Write and execute complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies, debugs and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
- Lead a project team of other firmware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
- Collaborate and communicate with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding firmware design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Represent the firmware engineering team for all phases of larger and more- complex development projects.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Are you a high performer?We are looking for an individual with:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Typically 4-6 years experience.
- Expertise in multiple firmware design tools and languages.
- Designing firmware, including interaction and integration with hardware design.
- Firmware testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
HP is a Human Capital Partner - we commit to human capital development and adopting progressive workplace practices in Singapore.
Back to top