Software Experience Research Lead
HP’s Customer Experience & Portfolio Strategy (CEPS) group creates software that amplifies the value of every HP purchase by empowering customers with fresh, trustworthy experiences. Our group enables innovative computing features and experiences that others have not identified. We think ahead, strategize, create, test and make it happen.
Doing this well requires great insights and customer understanding. We are currently searching for a Senior Software Research lead with 5-10 years of experience leading an insights-to-action process from concept tests to usability research and sentiment evaluation (e.g. NPS). The right candidate will help us better understand our customers, influence both products and strategy, and become an indispensable partner to product management, design and development. You will use functional expertise, customer savviness, leadership and influencing skills to inspire the organization towards the future of computing.
As the leader for software research, you will own all facets of our software insights effort portfolio wide, from concept surveys to ethnography and trends to usability. You will guide our software insights agenda by working closely with HP functional counterparts and line-of-business executives across the Personal Systems portfolio.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at HP. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
Responsibilities & Performance Profile
- Work closely with a group of 30+ product managers and designers to conceive, plan and execute the CEPS software insights agenda. Intuitively and instinctually match appropriate research methodology with business needs.
- Directly engage with customers and enable the organization to follow. Deploy surveys, host customers and conduct fieldwork that enables regular and insightful interactions between our group and our customers.
- Help us see the future. Champion future concept research across Personal Systems with a strong sense of technology industry trends, thought leadership and functional excellence.
- Think big. Free yourself from today's constraints and market environment. Describe large, disruptive ideas and collaborate with Product Management and business leaders to test them with customers.
- Spend time and energy diffusing best-practice research techniques by coaching peers and management.
- Be observant. Establish a high standard for customer empathy in CEPS.
- Evangelize and communicate persuasively. Capture insights and relate them with arguments that are impossible to ignore. Use direct observation while also tapping into other biases, beliefs, and triggers to guide peers to ideas and solutions that our customers love.
- Prioritize incisively. Balance offensive and defensive projects appropriately. Channel multiple points of view.
- Support Scaled Agile development by keeping deliverables on time and on target.
- Execute. Grind it out. Do whatever is necessary to keep the organization focused and informed.
- At least five years of hands-on research experience.
- A successful track record of managing insights-to-action with visible business impact.
- Fluency in customer, business and technical languages alike.
- Veteran leadership and teamwork skills. Your peers are naturally drawn to you.
- Persuasive arguments and story-telling come naturally to you. You are a master craftsman, breaking down ideas and behaviors in ways unseen by peers.
- You are detail oriented and naturally curious.
- You have executive presence without fear.
- You work well independently but prefer to be part of a team – instinctively knowing what must be done and when to take initiative.
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Your personal attributes include passion for contributing to team success, inspiring evangelist, impatient for results, mission-driven, and unquestioned ethics.
Back to top