Software Engineer Internship for Z Workstations for HP RGS
Innovation is in HP's DNA. From our origins in a Palo Alto garage in 1939, to our current position as one of the world's leading technology companies, HP has grown to become a leader in technology and corporate culture, inspiring innovators and entrepreneurs around the globe.
HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software and services to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that attracts exceptional talent and to supporting our employees to succeed at all levels. We dream in over 35 languages and share one mission: to engineer experiences that amaze.
Join us for a 12-week paid summer internship designed to let you apply your classroom learnings to real world challenges. Our internships have a thoughtful balance of networking, executive speakers, community involvement, big meaty projects (no paper filing here!) and fun!
As a Software Engineer Intern, you will work with a team in Personal Systems on projects to:
- Document and test new software applications
- Assess of new application ideas
- Enhance applications (programming) and create new product design
- Ensure quality and performance
The Workstation division of HP ( www.hp.com/workstations ) is located in Fort Collins, Colorado. We are a high-performance, high-integrity, and fun organization looking for motivated and talented software engineering students for internships during the summer of 2020.
For this position, you will be paired with a mentor who will guide you in responsibilities including design, development, maintenance, testing, and/or quality and performance assurance of system software applications. In addition to working with a mentor, you will work independently to solve problems and meet requirements. Projects will be defined to ensure significant progress can be made over a short period of time while maximizing value to customers. Possible areas of focus include performance measurement and tuning, compression/decompression techniques, or data collection and analysis. You will have an opportunity to showcase your work at an Intern Fair at the end of the summer. Internships are a great way to learn practical skills, meet professional engineers and other interns, and learn about different work environments.
Critical competencies and qualifications:
- Software development and debugging skills
- C/C++ with strong object oriented design and implementation skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and effective problem solving ability
- Attention to detail
- Basic understanding of computer architecture
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems
- Works enthusiastically and with urgency
- Not afraid to ask questions and open to feedback
Preference given to candidates with additional skills such as:
- Linux experience
- Linux and/or Windows system administration knowledge
- Proficient in at least one scripting language (e.g. Python)
Bachelor's Degree Candidate with a focus on computer science
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Karla F.COO Chief of Staff
Karla assists with the coordination of every project HP’s COO undertakes, ranging from strategy, IT, and procurement to real estate, customer support, and more.
Back to top