Software Engineer I
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop, Test and deploy Custom Images, STD Bios Setting, Recovery Solutions
- Microsoft (Win7, Win10) and Linux images
- Leveraging corporate tools and processes
- Root cause analysis of factory stop ship issues
- Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Participates as a member of project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- These processes are complex and can take 3-6 months to become fully trained on all the processes.
- Imaging Tools like Symantec Ghost experience is a plus
- Demonstrate the ability to apply basic analytical skills for debugging and troubleshooting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Medium/High level in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.
- Bilingual (English)
- Ability to apply basic level of knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues. Works on problems/projects of basic complex scope.
- Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action.
- Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input.
- Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
- Works on problems of standard complex scope.
- Work over Medium/High stress
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top