Software Development Architect – Custom Solutions
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP is the world's leading personal systems and printing company, we create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Our innovation springs from a team of individuals, each collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge, and experience to advance the way the world works and lives.
We are looking for visionaries, like you, who are ready to make a purposeful impact on the way the world works.
At HP, the future is yours to create!
Software Development Architect - Custom Solutions
Experience: 12+ years
This role is in HP's Bangalore R&D Center. HP aims to increase focus on delivering customized solutions to medium and large enterprise customers. This role will engage with technical marketing and sales response teams to understand the requirements. The role will also need to engage with R&D teams delivering HPs firmware and software. The team will deliver customized solutions targeting specific deal requirements of varied customers. The scope will include the entire lifecycle of solution delivery - understanding requirements, design, delivery and qualification.
- Technical subject matter expert in software architecture, design and development.
- Lead multiple project teams of software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners. Responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on software systems design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software systems leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of modern technologies into projects and activities in the software systems design organization.
- Own the technical roadmap and forward-looking strategies.
- Provides guidance, mentoring and technical leadership to the team.
Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive experience with multiple software systems design and languages.
- Experience in overall architecture of software systems for products and solutions in latest platforms and technologies
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals, strategies and negotiate options at senior management levels
- Hands on Proficiency in specific skills needed:
- Exposure to Software Platforms
- Architecting Applications/Services for Embedded Systems (Mobiles and Printers desirable)
- Android programming for Embedded Systems
- RESTful design
- Programming experience in Java
- Experience in programming in C++ on Linux
- Exposure to firmware development for embedded systems
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top