Position based in Shanghai Pudong, China
As a software developer you'll be part of a successful global digital support solutions team responsible for developing the exciting new generation of support applications for HP personal devices (PCs, tablets, printers, etc.) to support and help millions of our customers every day.
- Review existing source code and design documents to fully understand the support framework and solutions architecture and functionality implementation methodologies.
- Review project context and design specifications to comprehensively understand development requirements of new functionalities, services and optimizations changes.
- Perform detail design of modules and subsystems using best software development practices.
- Implement design specifications by constructing high quality working code within planned time frame.
- Ensure quality and integrity of deliverables by adhering to project standards and process.
- Investigate complex application issue to identify root cause and best solutions.
- Participates in design review, code review processes and provide testing support.
- Proactively seeking ways to incorporate creative ideas and methodologies into efforts to improve customer supportability and experience.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Typically 3-6 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong capability in OOA/OOD, UML and familiar with commonly used design pattern.
- Extensive knowledge of the following technologies: .NET framework, UWP, WPF, Windows Service, WCF, Web Service, Web API, AWS, multi-threading, reflection, serialization, etc.
- Strong interest in developing innovative software and passion for solving complex problems.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills, process focused, and excellent attention to detail.
- Proven to be a quick learner and good team player, take responsibilities and initiatives proactively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
- Must have good English reading and writing capability, oral English is a plus.
- Experience in a global agile development environment is a plus.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top