Software Architect, Device as a Service Modern IT Workflows & Solution Architecture
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Role Description & Scope:
Are you someone interested in working in an agile start-up environment while leveraging the brand recognition, solution capabilities and global reach of one of the world's largest IT corporations? The Emerging Compute Solutions team operates in a highly dynamic landscape with a product portfolio that encompasses commercial services, analytics and machine learning, commercial mobility devices, retail point of sale devices, thin clients and workflow transformation. The business unit builds a best-in-class, multi-OS Services portfolio powered by software, cloud, analytics and machine learning as well as expert IT resources. Our services portfolio powers HP's Device as a Service (DaaS). For more info on DaaS, please visit: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/services/daas.html.
The team is seeking a Customer Success Architect with a passion for technology and products and who wants to revolutionize the IT industry by delivering endpoint management and security as a service. This role will be responsible for building and demonstrating the technical expertise in our team to design IT workflow solutions used by HP remote agents to deliver managed endpoint services for DaaS. This role will enable and deliver upon our mission to modernize and scale endpoint management and security IT workflows so that we can effectively and proactively manage millions of endpoints spanning Windows PC's, iOS, Android and Mac OS.
The person will make a big impact to HP by developing highly technical and innovative service processes enabled through a suite of tools; troubleshooting issues affecting fleets of devices; leveraging AI and machine learning to develop automated workflows; and to develop processes and drive tool enablement that lets us deploy solutions to millions of devices. This role will contribute directly to the growth of HP, its customers and it partners. This person will work closely with product management, technology partners, channel partners, customers and internal technologists. Specifically, this person is responsible for crafting and delivering a stellar customer experience for DaaS APM. This position reports to the Senior Manager DaaS APM Solutions in the Emerging Compute Solutions global business unit. Through this position, the individual will be expected to routinely exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives.
- Collaborate across the extended organization to deliver modern IT workflows supported through the Analytics and Proactive Management platform within HP's DaaS offering
- Leads multiple projects across extended organization with both internal, outsourced and external stakeholders with responsibility for all stages of design, development of complex customer solutioning (design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration success) with specific focus around enabling customers into our DaaS and APM platform tools; utilizing OS knowledge, modern management toolsets, customer insight and a keen understanding of EMM and analytics technology
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and development partners on software applications design and development during roadmap planning and execution phases
- Reviews and evaluates project designs for compliance with general guidelines and standards; providing tangible feedback to improve quality and mitigate failure risk for execution within customer environments
- Enable and lead a differentiated delivery experience; building and executing delightful experiences for our customers
- Drive change through people, process and technology tool innovation
- Understand the core business processes, and apply current technology trends to innovate for the future
- Design customer first processes and infrastructure needs, demonstrating an ability to create conceptual mock-ups and process maps
- Stay knowledgeable of cutting edge technology trends
- Influence the engineering product development of cloud-based IT (including IT infrastructure, connectivity and applications) solutions
- Advanced experience of IT processes, tools and solutions
- Deep expertise and working knowledge of EMM/device management
- Deep expertise and working knowledge of OS - including Windows, iOS, Mac and Android; design and integration past experiences
- Evaluating forms and processes for software applications testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, testing scripts and tools, and other related experience
- Know technically how to troubleshoot blue screens and app crashes
- Functional knowledge around analytics and machine learning
- Deep knowledge of cloud services, software and mobility hardware technology
- Customer focused always
- Excellent written/oral communications, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to interface effectively with senior management for design proposals, negotiating options for the desired outcome
Education & Additional Criteria Required:
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related technical degree
- Advanced degree and other industry related certifications a plus (EMM, Windows)
- Typically 6+ years of experience in related fields (software, hardware, cloud, SaaS, or large scale cloud services)
- ITIL Certification preferred, strong understanding of ITIL tools, processes and terminology a plus
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top