Services Systems & Infrastructure Business Analyst
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Description Details: Applies intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues. Works on problems of moderately complex scope. Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
Responsibilities and Key Delivery Areas :
- Document business processes flows utilizing such standards as IP5 or APQC. These flows will originate from industry standard Level 3 process definitions and require creation of Level 4 & 5 process flows that are supported by the solutions developed by your team..
- Convert business requirements into functional solution requirements that are utilized by Solution Architects and software development resources. These requirements should be matched to the originating user stories that drive the design.
- Document and perform end to end test cases that are supported by underlying user stories.
- Performs business analysis, identifies root cause, and develops recommendations/ solutions to drive business improvements.
- Log test defects and corrective actions for such defects and track to resolution and end user validation.
- Provide end user training in multiple regions and via multiple mediums of delivery.
- Provide leadership in the development, and execution of the HP Services Vision - helping customers transform their business and derive measurable business value from their IT investment.
- Participate in solution release planning, execution, and MOC communication.
- Participate in the elicitation, documentation, analysis and validation of business processes, systems, and solution requirements.
- Work with solution architects and developers to research components of solutions to problems.
- Produce visualization, user experience and configuration elements of solution design.
- Maintain documented specifications using high-maturity methods, processes and tools.
- Support requirements management and change management processes.
- Support aspects of the business cycle, including proposals, feasibility studies, and implementations.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically 3+ years experience in directly related business.
- Typically first level university degree or equivalent work experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Moderate knowledge of IT and services industry.
- Must be able to analyze problems and solve them creatively.
- Good communication skills.
Back to top