Services System & Infrastructure - Manager - Business Analysts
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Description Details: Lead a Team of Business Analysts to apply foundation of a function's principles, theories and concepts to assignments related to programs, projects or tasks. Uses professional concepts and theoretical knowledge acquired through specialized training, education or previous experience. Develops expertise and practical knowledge of applications within business environment. Acts as team member by providing information, analysis and recommendations in support of team efforts. Exercises independent judgment within defined parameters.
Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
Responsibilities and Key Delivery Areas :
- Document business processes flows utilizing such standards as IP5 or APQC. These flows will originate from industry standard Level 3 process definitions and require creation of Level 4 & 5 process flows that are supported by the solutions developed by your team..
- Convert business requirements into functional solution requirements that are utilized by Solution Architects and software development resources. These requirements should be matched to the originating user stories that drive the design.
- Document and perform end to end test cases that are supported by underlying user stories.
- Performs business analysis, identifies root cause, and develops recommendations/ solutions to drive business improvements.
- Log test defects and corrective actions for such defects and track to resolution and end user validation.
- Provide end user training in multiple regions and via multiple mediums of delivery.
- Provide leadership in the development, and execution of the HP Services Vision - helping customers transform their business and derive measurable business value from their IT investment.
- Participate in solution release planning, execution, and MOC communication.
- Participate in the elicitation, documentation, analysis and validation of business processes, systems, and solution requirements.
- Work with solution architects and developers to research components of solutions to problems.
- Produce visualization, user experience and configuration elements of solution design.
- Maintain documented specifications using high-maturity methods, processes and tools.
- Support requirements management and change management processes.
- Support aspects of the business cycle, including proposals, feasibility studies, and implementations.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically 8-10 years to demonstrate mastery of Service Business Management.
- Advanced experience in several of the related disciplines of delivery, solution architecting or business planning prior to taking business management role.
Knowledge and Skills:
- High knowledge of IT and services industry.
- In-depth and broad knowledge of company organization, functions, culture, services portfolio, routes to markets, and end to end processes.
- Unique mastery and recognized authority in area of responsibility. Need solid technical, and state-of- the-art functional, or business knowledge.
- Highly developed problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire teams, develop relationships across organizations and accomplish goals under pressure situations. Strong skills in exercising independent judgment.
- Ability to correctly design reports and interpret their output.
- Highly developed project/ program management and change management skills. Solid understanding of business planning methods and business acumen.
- Excellent presentation skills. Highly developed negotiation/ influencing skills.
Keywords: ( Service Delivery and Business Intelligence/Reporting )
Back to top