At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization?s long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function. (TCP review board required in TCP families)
- Develops long term sales pipeline to increase HP's market share in specialized area.
- Use specialty expertise to seek out new opportunities for customer value by expanding and enhancing existing opportunities to build the pipeline in and drive pursuit in specialty area.
- Provide support to the Account managers.
- Set direction for business development and solution replication.
- Creates and grows reference customers.
- Sell complex products or solutions to customers on a partnership basis.
- May act as a dedicated resource to a few strategic accounts.
- Services specialists may also be responsible for selling small outsourcing deals.
- For Services Consultants: Focus on growing contractual renewals for large accounts with more complexity, to higher- total contract-value renewals.
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, including the C- level for mid-to-large accounts by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
- Maintain and use overall cross-portfolio knowledge to support account leads with integration of solutions.
- Contribute to enduring executive relationships that establish HP' consultative professionalism and promote its total solution capabilities.
- Maintains expertise on IT at all levels - new applications, maintenance, typical budgets of the CIO's, typical objectives, measures, metrics.
- Maintains broad market and competitor knowledge to ensure credibility with Customer Executives.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree; Advanced University or MBA preferred.
- Directly related previous work experience.
- Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota diversity of business customer, and higher level customer interface.
- Prior selling experience includes multiple, diverse set of selling responsibilities.
- Viewed as expert in given field by company and customer.
- Considered a mentor of selling strategy, including designing strategy.
- Typically 12+ years of related sales experience.
- Project management skills required.
- 3-5 years' experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Is considered a master in knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings to be able to sell large, complex solutions.
- Know strengths and weaknesses of key competitors in account and how to leverage this knowledge in the account.
- Uses expertise specialty, consultative solution selling and business development skills to align the client's business needs with solution.
- In-depth knowledge of client's business, organizational structure, business processes and financial structure.
- Considerable knowledge of the customer's infrastructure and architecture.
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving services sales in accounts - prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving full portfolio including hardware, software and services needed for the customer's requirements.
- Strategic planning on a business development level; can build an effective business case reflecting the value of an appropriate strategy.
- Balance strategic and tactical pursuits to optimize coverage and develop a predictable revenue stream.
- Uses C-level engagement skills in collaboration with account leads to offer value-add solutions to the client.
- Excellent project oversight skills.
- Works with the account team to build an effective account plan and strategy to drive incremental revenue in the account.
- Utilizes Siebel as an expert and accurately forecasts business.
- Successful partner engagement experience.
Works effectively with our partners to drive additional revenue.
- Understand and sells high value software solutions.
- Demonstrates the ability to leverage HP's portfolio of products and services to change the playing field against our competition.
- Understands the leverage of services as part of strategic portfolio of products.
- Promotes services as part of all strategic opportunities.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top