Senior User Experience Designer (UX)
At HP, User Experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful product experiences that people love to use and welcome into their home or business. We strive to learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create.
As a Senior User Experience Designer for the HP Smart Application team, you will collaborate closely with other designers, researchers, product managers, software engineers, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight HP products' unique capabilities and personalities. As a Experience Design Lead, you will contribute to the HP Smart road map, drive future concepts, and deliver improvements to current applications.
You should have an inspiring portfolio, great design sense, a love for complex problems and the ability to clearly articulate how a product should work both in software and in the physical world.
- Strategize, brainstorm, and define key features for one or more HP products or apps
- Translate abstract ideas, research findings, analytics data, and business requirements into tangible and beautiful design deliverables
- Leads multiple project teams of other designers and internal and outsourced partners responsible for all stages of user experience design and development for a portfolio of complex products and platforms, including experience/information architecture, validation, and specifications.
- Organize and conduct user experience research at various stages within feature or product development; Communicate research findings to design and product development stakeholders
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced partners on user experience design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with user experience design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and user experience.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall user experience design leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies and design language into projects and activities in the user experience design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
- Typically 10+ years UX experience.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human Factors, User Interface Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent.
- Broad experience with application of design theories, principles, and concepts to a portfolio of multiple information technology and consumer products and services designs.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Broad understanding and experience in designing and implementing research and data collection plans for user experience testing and acceptance.
- Reviewing and evaluating designs for alignment with overall product architecture; recommending and implementing changes to designs and technology to improve product quality and overall user experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English.
- Ability to effectively communicate user experience data, design proposals and product specifications and negotiate options at senior management levels.
- Strong skills in creative design tools (Sketch, Creative Suite, CSS, HTML5).
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top