Senior Treasury Analyst - FX
The Senior Treasury Analyst will join the Foreign Exchange function of HP's Corporate Treasury Group. This team is responsible for managing company-wide foreign exchange (FX) risk. FX risk management for both the balance sheet and income statement includes risk identification, quantification, strategy development, business consultation, and derivative hedge execution.
- Provide recommendations to senior managers on hedging strategies and issues related to FX risk management.
- Develop understanding of new business models, build financial analyses, and recommend effective hedging strategies.
- Evaluate strategic risk/reward trade-offs including hedging costs, hedge ratios, hedge structures, and hedge accounting.
- Collaborate with business finance teams to identify and mitigate FX exposures.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis to assess risk and review currency exposures on large deals.
- Manage processes and develop analytics for FX exposure forecasts and hedge results.
- Assist in execution of balance sheet hedging program.
- Monitor current market trends and drive internal implementation of best practices.
- Execute hedging transactions by trading currency derivatives with financial institutions.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, or other quantitative field.
- Advanced degree or CFA designation preferred.
- Typically 5+ years of relevant experience (finance, consulting, or corporate treasury) and/or combination of advanced education.
- 2+ years in a FX role with knowledge or experience in exposure forecasting, analysis, trading and hedge accounting.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Strong financial modelling skills and excellent business acumen.
- Ability to execute swiftly with attention to detail.
- Superior communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic work environment.
- High intrinsic motivation and capacity to learn quickly.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top