Senior Tax Associate
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Manages multiple processes and specializes across multiple tax domains.
- Supports planning and budget efforts and ensures that projects adhere to budgets.
- Works across regional management to drive change in systems and processes via requirements and use case development.
- Familiar with commercial environment to understand the latest applications available for an area of specialty.
- Engages on a deep level with senior management, typically reporting to contacts at a regional level and addressing their questions or concerns.
- Collects and documents company-wide tax systems and processes.
- Familiar with tax audit processes by gathering requested documents and reports.
- Capable of managing and collaborating with 3rd party vendors.
Education and Experience Required:
- First-level university degree or equivalent experience.
- Typically 6+ years of related experience in accounting or tax.
- Experience with supporting or managing a global systems program for a Fortune 100 company
- Strong program/project management skills and experience. Capable of leveraging soft-skills to negotiate cross-functional and regional roles, responsibilities and resources.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge of professional accounting and financial reporting systems.
- Strong communication skills.
- Solid financial and business acumen.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge of tax and/or accounting software desirable.
Back to top