Senior Product Manager for Device Software and Services
Drive software platform features to power HP's Device as a Service (DaaS) device management and proactive service solutions. Define software and services feature requirements to enable HP and channel partners to quote and deliver Managed Services software platform. Develop product strategy and value proposition. Conduct market research. Engage with engineering and align with Product Marketing for successful delivery and go-to-market execution. Contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas, and participate in or lead cross-division, multi-function teams.
Unique mastery and recognized authority on device management, application management, analytics, and proactive services; including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
- Determine market needs for platform software features in developing device as a service (DaaS) solution offerings. Define and prioritize features and scope of current and future products.
- Focus on tools to enable device management and proactive service based on device analytics trends and machine learning.
- Define software requirements for sales assessment and quoting tools, including new standalone tools and integration into existing channel partner tools.
- Clarify value proposition and work with Product Marketing and Marketing Communications to effective message and position offerings.
- Assess market competition, position HP products, and determine areas to drive differentiation against competitors' products.
- Recommend software product pricing and packaging choices by working with operations, product marketing, and region marketing leaders.
- Build strong relationship with the engineering, region category teams, and product marketing to identify priorities and activities needed to drive end business results.
- Represent Product Management as a subject matter expert to customers, extended teams, and upper management.
- Provide leadership and work within cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives.
- Contribute to team through effective collaboration and mentoring as required.
- Regularly recommend product/service/solution strategic direction to senior management.
- Lead projects that involve cross- functional coordination to provide integrated products/services/ solutions.
- Seen by sales team as an expert in the products/services/solutions and regularly is called on to defend the benefits in front of customers or partners.
Education and Experience Required:
- College degree in Marketing/Business/Technical.
- Master's degree preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 10 years in product marketing fundamentals.
- Experience in software product planning and management in the IT Service Management (ITSM) space.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Minimum 1 year work experience in a general marketing function beyond Product Marketing.
- Experience in region or channel partner marketing.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top