Senior Product Manager for Consumer PC SW Experiences
- Fort Collins, CO
Senior Product Manager for Consumer PC Software Experiences
HP's vision and promise is to engineer experiences that amaze. With the heart, creativity, and energy of a startup, and the brain, muscles, and determination of a Fortune 100 corporation, we continue to deliver ground-breaking new technologies to build on our 76-year legacy of innovation.
The Consumer SW Experience Team, within Personal Systems, was created with a maniacal focus on designing and delivering best-in-class experiences for our customers. We value collaboration, ingenuity, tenacity, and a sense of humor. So join our team, work hard, and watch as your efforts have a direct impact on millions of customers around the world.
The SW Experiences Product Manager is a key member of our team responsible for SW product definition for new and exciting consumer PCs. You have a passion for using technology to create frictionless customer experiences at scale. As a Product Manager you will own and drive software experiences from concept and design to operational delivery and beyond. You will be responsible for aligning business and customer requirements for software solutions to ensure delivery of high quality products and services that exceed customer expectations and deliver on hero experiences.
If you quickly embrace new technologies, have experience with the agile development process, know how to bring the customer's needs to life and are passionate about the intersection of consumers, technology and services, we want to talk to you.
- Drive customer requirements through launch in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Partner cross-functionally with design teams and development teams to ideate, prioritize and deliver frictionless customer experiences
- Develop business case analysis and validate products and services with end customers
- Develop product roadmaps,document user stories and define product requirements
- Drive the business needs for contracts and negotiations with partners and vendors
- You have 5-7 years of experience defining solutions, software, hardware or services for customers. You are a skilled and accomplished product manager/product owner within an Agile SW development process.
- You have broad knowledge of the consumer PC market and customer use cases.
- Think strategically, execute tactically. You have the skill to work at a strategic level with leaders and the ability to roll up your sleeves and work tactically with individuals across the organization to drive results
- Crave Ownership. You take accountability and do not expect someone else to make tough decisions for you. You take responsibility when things don't go as planned, but never fail to share your successes.
- Empathize with conviction. Talk regularly with customers, internalize their viewpoints and exhaustively represent their wants, needs and pain points.
- Data Hound. Present insights-based arguments that will require you to roll up data, analyze insights and stitch them together to create a compelling story.
- Initiative. You enjoy solving tough problems without prescriptive advice on how to get things done.
- Communicate Persuasively. Make cases that are impossible to refute or ignore. Use data-based decision-making to convince executive management to offer support, funding and resources.
Education and Experience Required
- MBA or equivalent degree in marketing strongly preferred
- Must have 5-7 years of experience as a Product Manager/Product Owner with agile SW development competencies
- Must have broad experience driving/analyzing customer needs from research/analytics and history of driving solution strategies and business recommendations
- Must have experience in the consumer B to C space
- Demonstrated knowledge of general marketing functions either through education or work experience.
Back to top