Senior Product Manager – Big Data and Analytics
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
We are seeking a talented individual to join our emerging compute solutions and device as a service big data and analytics product portfolio. Ideal candidate will have marketing acumen, product management and education background in big data and analytics, the ability to show the validation of the business value of big data, and should have a body of work demonstrating the use of these skills and be customer obsessed. This position requires working with multi-disciplinary and cross functional teams, to identify requirements, define scope and develop/streamline processes to enable engineering teams to develop upon requirements. Experience in device and IT management is preferred, but a high-energy individual, with a natural tendency to collaborate with various stakeholders and engineering teams on a day-to-day basis and with a passion to make sense out of big data, will be a perfect fit. Ability to think out of the box as well as work in a fast-paced environment is important to being successful in this role. This position is based in Houston, with 15% of travel time
- Define the why, when, and what of the product that the engineering team builds. This means leading cross-functional teams from a product's conception all the way through to its launch.
- Develop an expert level understanding of device and IT management data.
- Design analytics for device and IT management business (working in conjunction with business analyst, data scientists, and engineering teams).
- Prepare effective analysis as demanded by product strategy and use your knowledge and experience to understand big/complex data well enough to develop detailed requirements for engineering implementation.
- Plan what the engineering teams will deliver and the timeline for implementation. Responsible for defining the release process and coordinating all the activities required to bring the product to market. This involves bridging gaps between different functions within the company and aligning all the teams involved - namely marketing, sales, and customer support.
- Own the creative process of generating, developing, and curating new ideas and determine which ideas should be promoted into features to push the product strategy forward, i.e. those ideas that will achieve key objectives for the product line and business .
- Prioritize features by ranking them against strategic goals and initiatives. Define requirements for each feature and desired user experience. Work closely with engineering on the technical specifications and ensure that the teams have all the information they need to deliver a complete product to market.
- Create documentation on the features being launched to the market.
- Be comfortable with hands-on day-to-day problem solving, implementing quick and effective action plans to meet short term priorities. Equally comfortable in generating a 3-year strategic vision and a weekly usage report.
Education and Experience Required:
- MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Marketing research or related degree. MBA is a plus, but not required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong data analysis, interpretation and data visualization skills. Strong passion for pulling your own data, performing analysis and driving initial conclusions.
- Excellent product management skills. 5 years' experience releasing and supporting a big data and analytics product (preferably in device and IT management) in the market. Although mastery of statistical methods is not required; being conversant in statistical methods is required.
- 7+ years' experience in device and IT management analytics and/or statistical analysis, with product management and operational experience.
- Understanding of SQL, Tableau or equivalent, R, Python/Scala, big data frameworks (Hadoop/Spark) preferably in Amazon environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and project management skills; ability to work across virtual teams.
- Experience delivering compelling presentations using data at the Chief Executive or Director Level.
- Excellent problem solving and change management skills.
- Excellent written/oral communications and analytical skills.
- Excellent influencing and consensus-building and conflict resolution skills
- Fluent (written, spoken) in English.
Back to top