Senior Procurement Mechanical Engineer
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- tablets, phablets, notebooks
- mobile workstations
If you are our Sr. Procurement Mechanical Engineer in Taiwan, you will have a chance to
- Develops "should cost" modelling tools for personal computer products such as Notebook, Desktop, etc.
- Leads complex Sourcing strategy by evaluating the "should cost" modelling that developed.
- Partners with suppliers in forward- thinking strategic development and relationship building.
- Meets with Stakeholder business executives to discuss impact of supply chain strategic development from design and cost view on overall business and to develop forward-thinking supply chain sourcing strategies; influences the industry or marketplace for complex categories; engages with market leaders.
- Develops strategies for risk mitigation, design enhancement to optimize design and cost efficiency management.
- Advises executive level business leaders on all risk areas from design and cost prospective.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred.
- Typically 10+ years of experience in cost estimation and supply chain ME design function.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of global procurement processes, industry, and highly complex suppliers in the personal system industry.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Advanced business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint) and supply chain modeling skills.
- Drives development and efficiency of procurement tools and applications.
- Advanced communication skills, including presentation and negotiation abilities.
- Strong Program Management Skills, incorporating multiple projects
- Advanced team leadership and influencing skills.
- Mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to close complex deals in a timely fashion.
- Advanced ability to develop suppliers strategically.
- Excellent understanding of HP.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top