Senior Operations Manager, Delivery Command Centre
Applies expert subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving most complex business/technical issues within established policies. Manages activities of non-exempt/exempt individual contributors (typically Expert/Master) and/or MG1s. Has accountability for a large multi-department area(s) or location(s) with significant impact on business unit results and organizational strategy. Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policies and long-term goals of the organization. Plans, manages and monitors high-end operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members'primary focus is on either high-end tactical or broad strategic issues or a combination of both. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Position typically reports to Director or above.
- Directs and controls activities within a sub-region or Region.
- Typically manages 10 or more direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
- Manage larger team(s), managers (Manager Is) of teams, or area(s), with broad scope or impact, including setting organizational direction/work prioritization, people development, cost management, and alignment with larger business goals
- Create strategic business plan for organization within guidelines of remote (offsite) service; documented Business Unit/Corporate objectives; ensure proposed projects receive appropriate support.
- Responsible for managing a budget or P&L.
- Coach and mentor employee direct reports. May coach and mentor non- direct reports as needed. Manage FPR process for HP employees. Manage team and individual performance.
- Monitor and ensure organizational goals and contractual commitments are met (e.g. budget/cost, service availability, responses, reports).
- Advise management and peers on broad organizational, technical, and strategic matters of importance.
- Establish and manage relationships with customer subject matter experts and appropriate customer management, with an objective of maintaining and building the business.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically a Bachelor's degree, advanced degree desirable or equivalent experience required 8-10 related experience in customer support with proven managerial abilities
Knowledge and Skills:
- People management responsibility
- In addition to K&S for Mgr I:
- Knowledge of relevant HP competition, market trends, organization, 3rd parties. Multiple years experience in support business.
- ITIL Essentials trained desired.
- Demonstrated ability manage project /program teams Recommends and leads planning activities for area of responsibility Defines specific strategies or action plans to achieve targets. Communicate these to all levels of employees and partners.
- Thorough understanding of customer environments and business drivers to leverage new opportunities.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top