Senior IT Infrastructure Architect
You will be a member of a growing team who will work closely together to drive creative solutions to challenging problems to enable HP business to remain the leading industry vendor in a fast-paced market. The Senior Infrastructure Architect will create the architectural strategies across our internal infrastructure, partners, SAAS and Cloud environments and requires experience in compute and virtualization, datacenter, co-location/Cloud, storage, networking, security, mobility, Windows, and Linux. You will work in close coordination with the domain specialized architects and will focus on all aspects of the infrastructure including architecture, engineering, design, installation, as well as security and compliance.
- Key Traits for Success include, but are not limited to the following:
- Inquisitive and investigative
- Consistently scanning and synthesizing industry trends
- Determined, focused, measurement driven team player
- Drawn to complex tasks and finding innovative solutions to overcome obstacles
- Can reduce complex problems and results to simple verbal and written communicationsto engineers as well as executives
- Ability to shift focus quickly, work on multiple tasks concurrently and excels in high-pressure/high-impact situations
- Ability to learn and apply the latest technologieswith little oversight
- Participates as a member of and leads development teams. Performs analysis of complex functional and business requirements. Prepares code stubs for others. Completes code to implement solutions. Designs solutions for others to code. Participates in cross-functional teams. Leads design activities May provide mentoring and guidance to other developers. Designs, prepares and executes Unit tests. Represents team to client/customers.
- Demonstrates technical leadership, and exerts influence outside of immediate team. Develops innovative team solutions to complex problems. Contributes to strategic direction for teams.
- Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to provide maintenance solutions across one or more technology areas (e.g. Database Administration).
- Performs solution design. Applies HP and 3rd party technologies and leads design of highly complex infrastructure and software solutions.
- Independently implements end- user or enterprise infrastructure or services of significant complexity.
- Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for HP and customers. Mentors and consults with team members and other organizations, customer and vendors on complex issues.
Education and Experience Required:
- The Senior Infrastructure Architect shall meet the following core qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field related to the position (Computer Science, Information/Systems Engineering, or other technical discipline) or 10 years specialized systems, infrastructure, or enterprise architecture equivalency.
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in data center, systems or infrastructure architecture or engineering (design, development, implementation, management)
- Minimum five (5) years' systems engineering experience with Windows and Linux Operating Systems, Networks and Networking protocols
- Minimum three (3) years' experience leading network and internet technology projects at scale
- Minimum two (2) years' experience in cloud-based IT systems or hybrid cloud delivery models designing, developing in, or transitioning systems and processes to the cloud
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience designing, upgrading, and sustaining enterprise networks
- Experience designing and developing automation and orchestration services
- Experience designing, installing, operating, and maintaining virtual environments/services to include OS virtualization, VDI, Desktop as a Service (DaaS), and software defined services
- Knowledge of network security and technology policies and procedures
- Experience with various scripting languagesand automation tools
- Experience with engineering and troubleshooting networking hardware and software
- Experience with designing, developing, and managing a hyper-converged infrastructure capabilities and technologies such as HP Simplivity
- Experience in enterprise roadmapping, financial modeling, executive alignment
Desired Certifications in areas related to the position could include:
- Technical Cisco Certified Network Professional
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Linux Certification (RedHat RHCE 6.x, 7.x)
- Certified Nutanix Professional
- AWS Certified Solution Architect
- ITIL Master certification
- CISSP Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (CISSIP-ISSAP)
- AWS Certified Solution Architect
- Axelos ITIL Master certification
- Professional Cloud Solutions Architect Certification
- Red Hat Certified Architect
- Virtualization Council Master Infrastructure Architect certification
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Karla F.COO Chief of Staff
Karla assists with the coordination of every project HP’s COO undertakes, ranging from strategy, IT, and procurement to real estate, customer support, and more.
Back to top