Senior Interaction Design Architect
- Vancouver, WA
At HP, user experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful product experiences that people love to use and welcome into their home or business. We strive to learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create.
Our work environment appeals to self-motivated, flexible team players that have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity. We believe in peer relationships rather than hierarchies; in teams rather than silos.
We are looking for a passionate and pragmatic design thinker who is eager to join a fun, collaborative and innovative team. The focus of the role is harvesting insights from data driven approach into web, desktop and mobile applications by applying user centered design principles.
As an advanced subject matter expert, you will apply your knowledge to solve complex business issues. Frequently contribute to the development of new ideas and methods. Work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Lead and/or provide expertise to functional project teams and will participate in cross-functional initiatives. You will also provide direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies within design. You will frequently represent the organization to cross functional teams and stakeholders. You will apply independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine the best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. You will also be mentoring and guiding junior members of the team to help take your strategy and north stars into execution.
- Leads multiple project teams of designers and internal and outsourced partners responsible for all stages of solutions design and development for a portfolio of complex products and platforms
- Oversees design architecture, language, validation, and specifications.
- Works collaboratively with the R&D/quality/analytics/support teams to gather insights and derive solutions that improve the overall experience
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced partners on interactive and interface design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with interactive and interface design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and interactive and interface design.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall interactive and interface design leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies and design language into projects and activities in the interactive and interface design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in HCI, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, User Interface Design, or equivalent.
- Typically 8 to 10+ years experience.
- Must have end-to-end product design/delivery experience, from ideation to concept creation to implementation.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Broad experience with application of user centered design principles, design theories, and concepts to a portfolio of multiple information technology and consumer products and services designs.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in a fast-paced software environment, and an ability to execute against aggressive timelines.
- Experience designing web and mobile solutions (enterprise experience a plus)
- Broad understanding and experience in designing and implementing research and data collection plans for interactive and interface design testing and acceptance.
- Reviewing and evaluating designs for alignment with overall product architecture; recommending and implementing changes to designs and technology to improve product quality and overall interactive and interface design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate interactive and interface design data, design proposals and product specifications and negotiate options at senior management levels.
- Excellent skills in wireframing and prototyping design tools (Creative Suite, CSS, HTML5).
Back to top