Senior Industrial Designer
- Spring, TX
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Leads multiple project teams of other designers and internal and outsourced partners responsible for all stages of industrial design and development for a portfolio of complex products and platforms, including design architecture, language, validation, and specifications.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced partners on industrial design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with industrial design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and user experience.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall industrial design leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies and design language into projects and activities in the industrial design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Industrial or Product Design or equivalent.
- Typically 6-10 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Broad experience with application of design theories, principles, and concepts to a portfolio of multiple information technology and consumer product designs
- Evaluate and select 2-D and 3-D CAD tools and software packages for product design across portfolio Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Broad understanding and experience in methodologies for design testing and validation, including sketches, models, storyboards, and prototyping.
- Reviewing and evaluating designs for alignment with overall product architecture; recommending and implementing changes to designs and technology to improve product quality and overall industrial design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate industrial design data, design proposals and product specifications and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Back to top