Senior Futures Software Solutions Manager
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Applies expert subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving most complex business/technical issues within established policies. Manages activities of non-exempt/exempt individual contributors (typically Expert/Master) and/or MG1s. Has accountability for a large multi-department area(s) or location(s) with significant impact on business unit results and organizational strategy. Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policies and long-term goals of the organization. Plans, manages and monitors high-end operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members'primary focus is on either high-end tactical or broad strategic issues or a combination of both. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Position typically reports to Director or above.
- Directs and controls activities within a sub-region or Region.
- Typically manages 10 or more direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
- Provides direct and ongoing leadership for an organization of multiple subordinate managers and individual contributors designing and developing new products, enhancements and updates and managing projects for end-user applications software running on local, networked, and Internet-based platforms.
- Manages headcount, deliverables, schedules, and costs for multiple ongoing projects and programs, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
- Engages with program managers, marketing, supply chain, technical leaders and executives to communicate program status, escalate issues, and guide and influence strategic decision-making.
- Manages relationships with outsourced partners and suppliers, including setting expectations regarding deliverables, product quality, schedules, and costs; ensures that team members are effectively communicating and collaborating with outsourced resources.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvement and cost reductions opportunities.
- Provides overall people-care management for direct reports, including hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; drives and fosters organization-wide performance standards, expectations, and practices to support ongoing team member and process development.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience required.
- Advanced university degree preferred.
- Typically 10 or more years of related work experience, including 5 or more years of people management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced leadership skills, including coaching, teambuilding, conflict resolution, and management.
- Advanced project management skills including time and risk management, resource prioritization, and project structuring.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experienced in managing human capital across geographies to drive workforce development and achieve desired results
- Advanced communication skills catered to a wide variety of audiences. (e.g. written, verbal, presentation); mastery in English and local language
- Superior business acumen, technical knowledge of multiple business units, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies
- Advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Advanced relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting
- Strong understanding of HP's policies and processes
Back to top