Senior Firmware Engineer
- Boise, ID
HP is seeking an experienced firmware development engineer to join its LaserJet R&D team in beautiful Boise, Idaho! As a firmware engineer in Boise, you'll join a high-energy development team creating innovative solutions that are disrupting print and copier markets. HP is a worldwide leader in computing and print technology with sites around the world. In addition to working with some of the most talented engineers in the industry, HP provides a wealth of benefits and opportunities.
As a senior firmware engineer on our team, you'll apply advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex issues and be regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contribute to the development of new ideas and methods. Work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Lead and/or provide expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Act as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Design and code enhancements, updates, and changes for portions and subsystems of firmware including microcontrollers, DSP, embedded code, EFI drivers, EFI applications, and BIOS/UEFI.
- Technical leader responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration.
- Develop understanding of and relationship with local and worldwide development partners on firmware design and development.
- Participate as a member of a project team of firmware engineers to develop innovative, reliable, cost-effective and high-quality solutions for enterprise class products.
- Provide domain-specific expertise and overall firmware leadership and perspective to cross-organizational projects, programs, and activities.
- Drive innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the firmware design organization.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Typically 7 or more years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive experience with multiple firmware design tools and languages.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of firmware and interaction with hardware designs for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating firmware into overall architecture and hardware design
- Evaluating processes for firmware testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
Back to top