Senior Financial cost accounting analyst
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Provides complex, financial analysis for a financial function or a business.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with business leaders to guide and influence decision-making.
- Provides analytics to business initiatives, typically representing a sub-function within finance for a particular business.
- Supports policy and process improvement and identifies opportunities.
- Identifies issues and proposes solutions.
- Represents finance on cross- functional teams.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to analysts.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., CPA, MBA) preferred.
- Typically 4+ years of experience as a financial analyst.
- Typically experienced in more than one finance function.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Good business acumen.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top