Senior Financial Auditor
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Plans and supervises assigned audit activities.
- Facilitates an audit from start to finish, including creating and evaluating audit work programs.
- Assesses timing for audit planning.
- Guides audit analysts and specialists, and writes audit reports for management.
- Manages feedback on projects and conducts post-audit evaluation.
- Provides recommendations on leading practices to minimize risk or to comply with legal/financial reporting requirements.
- Stays abreast of leading practices in auditing procedures, accounting regulations, governmental regulations, and internal control procedures; looks for ways to implement new procedures.
Education and Experience Required:
- First-level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred; CPA or equivalent highly desirable.
- Typically 6+ years of related experience in finance, accounting or audit.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong systematic understanding of internal audit policies and operating principles.
- In-depth understanding of core HP businesses and the revenue cycle.
- Strong risk assessment and scoping skills.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and influence skills.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Strong project management, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Meets the licensing or certification requirements of the relevant country or region.
Back to top