Senior Financial Auditor
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Plans and supervises assigned audit activities.
- Facilitates an audit from start to finish, including creating and evaluating audit work programs.
- Assesses timing for audit planning.
- Guides audit analysts and specialists, and writes audit reports for management.
- Manages feedback on projects and conducts post-audit evaluation.
- Provides recommendations on leading practices to minimize risk or to comply with legal/financial reporting requirements.
- Stays abreast of leading practices in auditing procedures, accounting regulations, governmental regulations, and internal control procedures; looks for ways to implement new procedures.
Education and Experience Required:
- First-level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred; CPA or equivalent highly desirable.
- Typically 6+ years of related experience in finance, accounting or audit.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong systematic understanding of internal audit policies and operating principles.
- In-depth understanding of core HP businesses and the revenue cycle.
- Strong risk assessment and scoping skills.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and influence skills.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Strong project management, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Meets the licensing or certification requirements of the relevant country or region.
Back to top