Senior Financial Analyst - Technical Accounting
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
- Work with stakeholders within finance to understand the progress and challenges around Office of the Close (OOTC)
- Work closely with IT finance and different IT teams to drive closure of the issues impacting OOTC
- Attend and share OOTC Finance executives status update in Daily OOTC Core Team meeting with Controllership & IT
- Host monthly OOTC Governance meeting with Steering Committee and Core Team
- Facilitate and support 'Root-Cause Analysis' for issues impacting OOTC
- Consults with business leaders to guide and influence long- term and strategic decision-making within the broadest scope.
- Leads and advises on the most complex business IT and close related impacts initiatives, typically leading several analysts across multiple areas within finance and across geographies/organizations.
- Drives process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function globally.
- Represents the business unit during cross-regional or cross- functional planning processes.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to analysts.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., CPA, MBA) strongly preferred.
- Typically 10+ years of experience as a financial analyst preferred.
- Typically experienced in a variety of finance functions.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Superior business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Superior communication and influencing skills.
- Superior teamwork skills
- Excellent business acumen.
- Excellent project management skills.
Back to top