Senior Financial Analyst – Print Staff Operations, Compliance & Controls
The Print Compliance & Controls lead is the key contact and support for Print Finance staff operations as well as the lead for standard Print compliance reporting. These include, but are not limited to, Audit Committee, Business Compliance, and Goodwill reporting.
Partner across Print with cross-functional organizations to enable reporting to Print staff as well as the Finance staff on regulatory and compliance needs. This requires strong focus on concise content as well as often meeting tight deadlines driven by Corporate. Additionally, the compliance & controls lead will support the Print CFO in routine operations including the Print Finance All Employee Meeting, Print Finance Senior Leader Call, Print Finance face to face meetings, and other ad hoc meeting requirements. This requires frequent interaction with the Print Finance staff and Print in general to generate content and facilitate successful reviews.
Consistent communication and organizational skills are required to be successful in this role. This role requires the ability to network well and relate with multiple parties to enable timeliness of routine deliverables. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to multiple parties on processes and appropriate reporting content. Frequently represents the organization to director and VP level internal customers/clients. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Provides complex and occasionally highly complex financial reporting to drive a strong understanding of the business performance to determine the best actions for future success.
- Consults with internal partners to guide and influence strategic messaging to enable proper controls and decision-making.
- Acts as a key player in the Print Finance FP&A team for business operation needs.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and policy development and engages in the design.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to analysts.
- Actively contribute to the preparation of Executive Presentations
- Enhances existing reporting tools and models to continuously improve the quality of the financial models and insights provided to the management.
- Ensures strong business controls, compliance with accounting and finance policies to ensure financial models and the proposed initiatives are in compliance with AFM.
- Drives global business and finance process improvements and policy development initiatives in support of Print Finance Process Effectiveness priority.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Advanced certification (e.g., CPA, MBA) preferred
- Typically 8+ years of experience as a financial analyst
- Typically experienced in more than one finance function
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Superior teamwork skills and the ability to work with contacts across multiple functions
- Strong business acumen
- Good project management and organizational skills
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top