Senior Financial Analyst - New Product Investments
The position provides critical WW leadership, counsel, structure, guidance and analytics to the A3 Print Business Unit and its leadership staff. A3 is established as a separate Business Unit within the Office Products Solutions (OPS) Organization. The New Product Introduction (NPI) Senior Analyst will be responsible for preparing the financial return and business case for new products introduced in the A3 business. The financial and business case includes a comprehensive understanding of the product, markets, profit pools, customer purchase behavior, solutions and forecast. Applying complex and thoughtful financial analysis, he/she will prepare for the various checkpoints along the new product introduction cycle.
Works cross-functionally and regionally with the R&D, Marketing, Business Management, Operations and Regions business team, as well as the OPS Finance team to prepare the financial and business case for new products introductions.
- Deep understanding of the A3 product portfolio, the market and industry profit pools. Understands the transactional and contractual business models, route to market complexities, pricing models for HW, Supplies and Service.
- Work with cross-functional teams on new product development (pricing, cost impact, investment analysis).
- Collaborate with R&D team to ensure NPI checkpoints meet financials goals and align to Strategic Plan. Report financial findings and recommendations at the checkpoint reviews and other forums as needed.
- Assist the R&D leadership to optimize current investments and make the necessary trade-offs in order to keep the new product within budget.
- Prepare financial analysis for product introductions with new business models.
- Perform portfolio reviews to assess impact of new product on existing products.
- Perform competitive analysis to assess impact of new product on existing markets.
- Integrates NPI Financials into the Short & long-term planning processes.
- Develops and maintain the Decision Support Tool.
- Interacts closely with the Supplies and Solutions organization to develop lifetime financials at the IFS1, IFS2 and IFS3 levels.
- Update the necessary financial tools, such as PFW with the financial assumptions that drive the financial and business case.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., CPA, MBA) preferred.
- Typically 6+ years of experience as a financial analyst.
- Typically experienced in more than one finance function.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis, with advanced knowledge in one area.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Superior teamwork skills
- Strong business acumen.
- Good project management skills.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top