Senior Financial Analyst
General position description
The position is responsible for leading Business Planning & Financial Analytics for Supplies organization directly supporting senior leadership team (General Manager and the global head of finance for supplies) and would also act as an Interface between Regions and supplies GBU teams.
The key components required to be successful in this position are - strategic thinking, strong business acumen, ability to perform complex financial analysis, and strong influencing and communication skills. The analyst should also be a strong collaborator who can effectively partner with different organizations - Regions, GBU, HW teams, Print and Corporate FP&A.
- Enable a cohesive cost and contra reporting & analytics framework across supplies categories to run trended analysis, goal setting, performance tracking
- Enable a clear support model for the HPS Supplies and OPS Supplies finance teams in terms of reporting and analytics deliverables including governance and cadence
- Lead and partner with cross-functional, cross-geographical business and finance leaders and teams to identify, analyze and develop data-driven models and recommendations on:
P&L Risks and Opportunities in the current Quarter and full year across regions for Ink-toner GBU's
Game plan scenarios for P&L based on insights from detailed assessment on contra, costs, and mix
- Set and track financial metrics (Revenue, Contra, Profit, CI, WOS, Opex) in partnership with GBU; drive and evaluate actual performance and make recommendations to supplies leadership team on future performance target goals
- Manage the operational execution of quarterly results and the trade-offs across regions and business units for WW revenue, profit, inventory.
- Act as a single point of contact between Regions and supplies GBU finance teams to get an effective alignment on Flash, outlook and other short-term business case proposals.
- Drive Qtr end story behind the numbers and business reviews content for supplies. Role requires creating content, gaining alignment, and driving working sessions with regions. It culminates with presenting to Head of Print finance.
- Drive global business and finance process improvement, ensure strong business controls, compliance, and governance
- Provide the following in support of business objectives:
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Ad-hoc financial analysis on game plans
- Contra revenue region insights and trending analysis
- Develop Investment framework for the GBU's
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., CPA, MBA, CFA) preferred.
- Typically, 8+ years of experience as a financial analyst.
- Typically experienced in more than one finance function
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent financial modelling and analytical skills and critical reasoning ability
- Strong Influencing skills and communication
- Superior business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Superior teamwork skills
- Excellent business acumen
- Excellent project management skills
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top