Senior Financial Analyst
- Provides the most complex financial analysis for a financial function or a business, typically exercising a unique understanding of the business to determine the best method for achieving objectives.
- Consults with business leaders to guide and influence long term and strategic decision making within the broadest scope.
- Forecasts financial results within the broadest scope.
- Leads and advises on the most complex business initiatives, typically leading several analysts across multiple areas within finance and across geographies/organizations.
- Drives process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function globally.
- Represents the business unit during cross-regional or cross functional planning processes.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to analysts.
- Ability to influence an entire business within a broad scope, interacting with individuals at the Vice President (VP) and Senior Vice President (SVP) level.
Expense management performs the financial accounting, reporting and forecasting for a Business Group or Global Function. You will be working closely with Planning, Analysis, and Reporting and Business Support as well as Finance Directors.
Responsibilities may include depending on level:
- Month-end accounting - making accounting entries, consulting and training business operations with their accounting, ensuring proper financial coding
- Creating and maintaining financial reporting models
- Helping to coordinate various financial processes such as financial forecasts, physical inventories, financial system access security
- Provide regular and ad hoc financial analysis to help the organizations better understand and forecast their spending
- Continually focus on process improvement to ensure efficiency, accuracy and compliance with financial controls
- Perform balance sheet and other financial reconciliations
- Work closely with internationally based finance colleagues and non-finance business partners
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) strongly preferred.
- Typically 10+ years of experience as a financial analyst.
- Typically experienced in a variety of finance functions.
- Experience in the technology sector strongly preferred.
- Solid experience around managed service contracts or outsourcing contracts.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Expertise in systems including Business Warehouse, Enterprise Data Warehouse, Yotta, Eiffel, Hyperion Essbase
- Experience in software contracts or managing software related investments a plus
- Experience managing transformation projects including people moves or hub strategy a plus
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Superior business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Superior communication and influencing skills.
- Superior teamwork skills
- Excellent business acumen.
- Excellent project management skills.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top