Senior Financial Analyst - Business Planning and Analytics
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
The position is responsible for leading Business Planning & Financial Analytics for Home Printing Solutions (HPS) organization, supporting leadership team of Business Unit (BU) General Manager and the head of BU finance. The job requires financial analysis of current product portfolio which would feed into planning for New Product Introductions (NPI) in outer years. The analysis would also serve as a starting point for bottoms-up financial planning that this position will lead.
The key components required to be successful in this position are - strategic thinking, ability to perform complex financial analysis, and strong communication skills. The analyst should also be a strong collaborator who can partner with different organizations - BU finance, supply chain, customer support, region category, etc. to lead the planning process.
- Build complex financial models that provide insights into margin profile of current portfolio with detailed analysis of cost structure. The model should have capability to perform bottoms-up financial planning and run sensitivity analysis for different inputs.
- Partner with New Product Introduction (NPI) analysts and product management team to drive data-driven, highly accurate assumptions in product performance planning.
- Partner with supplies organization to create integrated product performance view of Hardware and Supplies.
- Develop various reports including profitability by business, region, and product segment and aid in using these reports to drive improvements in the business. These reports are done on a monthly and quarterly basis to closely monitor the business results.
- Perform variance analysis comparing actual performance to budget, last year, and forecast for the different areas of the business that you support.
- Fully participate in budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Use Strategic thinking and critical reasoning ability to question everything we do and drive business and team to greater heights.
- Strong communication skills are a must as this role will work with various levels of management, both in finance and the business, and must be able to clearly relay results of analytical projects as well as monthly and quarterly results.
- Drive improvements in the financial and reporting processes, and the quality of information provided to the business.
- Skills required include strong Excel, Access and PowerPoint knowledge with the aptitude to extract information from the existing business systems.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., CPA, MBA, CFA) preferred.
- Typically 6+ years of experience as a financial analyst preferred.
- Typically experienced in more than one finance function.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent financial modeling skills and critical reasoning ability
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Superior business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Superior communication and influencing skills.
- Superior teamwork skills
- Excellent business acumen.
- Excellent project management skills.
Primary consideration will be given to candidates in Vancouver, WA
Back to top