Senior Financial Analyst
- Spring, TX
This critical financial analyst position is part of the World Wide Personal Systems (PS) Supply Chain Finance team and supports the PS Direct Procurement & Alliances Organization. The individual will work with commodity procurement Directors and their teams and contribute to development of strategies to ensure HP commodity costs are best-in-class and support business revenue and profitability objectives. Review and analysis of monthly forecasts and financial close activities are also requirements. Additional responsibilities include assessing HP commodity costs vs. available market trends and evaluating new business initiative proposals. This position provides business critical analytical and reporting requirements in support of business-critical profitability improvement initiatives (PS MIB).
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Provides complex and occasionally highly complex financial analysis for a financial function or a business, typically exercising a strong understanding of the business to determine the best method for achieving objectives.
- Consults with business leaders to guide and influence strategic decision-making within a broad scope.
- Forecasts financial results within a broad scope.
- Leads business initiatives, typically leading analysts across multiple sub-functions within finance.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and policy development and engages in the design.
- Represents the business unit during cross-regional or cross- functional planning processes.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to analysts.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., CPA, MBA) preferred.
- Typically 6+ years of experience as a financial analyst.
- Typically experienced in more than one finance function.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis, with advanced knowledge in one area.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Superior teamwork skills
- Strong business acumen.
- Good project management skills.
Back to top