Senior Financial Analyst
Seeking a financial analyst to support the HP personal Systems Services team. Tasks include month-end, quarter and year-end close, review of financials and generating analytics reports to leadership. Strong systems experience is required. Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies.
- Provides complex and occasionally highly complex financial analysis for a financial function or a business, typically exercising a strong understanding of the business to determine the best method for achieving objectives.
- Consults with business leaders to guide and influence strategic decision-making within a broad scope.
- Forecasts financial results within a broad scope.
- Leads business initiatives, typically leading analysts across multiple sub-functions within finance.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and policy development and engages in the design.
- Represents the business unit during cross-regional or cross-functional planning processes.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business, finance, accounting or economics preferred; advanced degree or accounting certification ( CPA, MBA) preferred.
- Typically 6+ years of experience in more than one finance function.
- Strong skills in accounting or financial systems.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis, with advanced knowledge in one area.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent business application skills ( e.g., Microsoft Excel, Power Point) .
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Superior teamwork skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Good project management skills.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top