Senior Financial Analyst
Financial support for Canada Managed Print Services which includes monthly/quarterly forecasting, weekly Risk/Opportunities estimating the quarterly financial exit, support the yearly Budget process, month-end close, prepare monthly/quarterly Story Behind the Numbers (SBTN), quota deployment by P&L for business partners, and ad-hoc finance support as needed.
The AMS Solutions and Services Finance team is looking for a strong, high performance, motivated and dedicated individual to support the Direct Managed Print Services (MPS) BU in Canada.
Country Finance Responsibilities in this role will include but are not limited to the following:
- Month End Close
- Work closely with MPS Delivery team in order to understand business drivers impacting P&L performance for HW, Supplies & Services
- Generate standard P&L reports comparing actual performance to Budget, prior year, and forecast
- Detailed Expense analysis (TCOW/NTCOW) for Break/Fix & Expanded Services components / HC follow up and reporting
- Ensure Actual Results template is updated on SharePoint which is used to facilitate monthly/quarterly Story Behind the Numbers (SBTN) reporting
- Work closely with Contract Accounting to coordinate manual entries (JV's) to be posted in LH, and help to facilitate actuals loading in CARD
- Ensures appropriate business controls are in place and operating as intended, with compliance to HP policies (AFM) and GAAP/SOX.
- Develop ad-hoc reports as needed for business support/analysis
- Monthly Forecast Cadence
- Work closely with business partners to support the monthly operational forecast process
- Proactively support the operational forecast cadence to maintain a rollup by Customer/Account
- Support the weekly Risk/Opportunities updates
- Support the yearly Budget process in coordination with the GBU (MS WW) / including Quota deployment by PL for business partners
Ad-hoc finance support as required
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., CPA, MBA) preferred.
- Typically 6+ years of experience as a financial analyst.
- Typically experienced in more than one finance function.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis, with advanced knowledge in one area.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Superior teamwork skills
- Strong business acumen.
- Good project management skills.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top