Senior Financial Analyst
This position represents Financial Automation & Innovation Services (FAIS) on mergers, acquisitions and divestitures (M&A) deals. FAIS provides process & design services to the Financial Operations Delivery organization for HP. The work ranges from supporting target company due diligence before a deal is signed, to integrating the acquired company's financial transaction processing (such as Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets & Payroll etc.) into HP upon deal close. It also includes FAIS engagement with HP's strategy and corporate development M&A organization (SCD), and with all functional organizations supporting Finance Administration, Hire-to-Retire, and Customer & Vendor Operations.
Since every deal is unique, the scope and challenges will vary. The position requires that the individual brings a sound financial background, to identify and address gaps in the financial integration, and demonstrates strong planning and communication skills to work effectively across the different work streams. These include Finance Operations and Payroll work streams within FAIS, and corporate functional partners including Human Resources, Tax, Legal, Controllership Finance, IT, Global Procurement and Corporate Development. For each M&A deal, it is required to work closely with a cross-functional team to develop the integration strategy, step plan and provide operational support in every region to ensure that the integration is successful and stabilized. Pro-active engagement, ability to cope with high peak workloads, short deadlines and significant pressure will be part of the position.
In addition, the individual will participate in post-integration deal evaluations and contribute to the overall development of the M&A model for Finance.
Skills and qualification:
- Project Management experience in leading multiple parallel projects and working with multiple virtual teams across various functional teams and regions
- Excellent project management skills, with a lot of drive, including project structuring and managing multiple work streams independently. Proven track record in leading global improvement projects
- Integrity, reliability and ability to cope with high peak workloads, short deadlines and significant pressure
- Ability to interact effectively through exceptional communication and presentation skills in particular towards senior management but also with attention to detail accuracy
- Customer focus and Tolerance of ambiguity
- Ability to lead virtual teams, motivate, influence, negotiate to reach win-win, and resolve conflicts
- Excellent analytical thinking, analysis, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Strong financial reporting and/or transaction processing background
- Bachelor or Master degree in Project Management, Information Technology/Services, Business Administration or Economics (or equivalent combination education or experience)
- Self-starter, pro-active, hands on mentality, to deliver on commitments and work in a matrix environment with excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Strong English language skills
- Change Mgmt or PMI certification a plus
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top