Senior Finance Project Manager
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Leads and provides expertise to project teams during the implementation of a system solution.
- Troubleshoots independently, quickly finding the root cause of issues.
- Leads and provides expertise to functional project teams and leads cross-functional initiatives.
- Partners with internal customers, examining moderately to highly complex issues or concerns to find a solution.
- Uses expert subject matter knowledge and research to identify and develop the business potential of a given project.
- Solves most problems independently and articulates issues across functions and businesses, collaborating with other individuals contributors, sometimes outside of the job family, to bring about solutions.
- Identifies and implements process improvement.
- Mentors and trains lower level employees.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor or Master in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance or MBA with emphasis in Tax or Finance
- +6y Project Management experience ideally in finance related projects
- PMP and/or ACP certification is preferred
- SAP-FI consulting experience is a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong project and resource planning, monitoring and execution skills
- Customer oriented with strong customer service skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills for interacting with stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual international environment , showing flexibility and initiative
- Effective time management and prioritization
- Ability to understand complex business scenarios and to create and execute plans that reflect this understanding
- Expert understanding of financial systems and processes in several areas.
- Expert analytical skills and the ability to synthesize change quickly using advanced subject and process knowledge.
- Expert understanding of accounting principals.
- Expert project management skills for running large, complex projects.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to generate original ideas and to bring about their implementation.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top