Senior Finance Manager - Personal Systems Supply Chain
- Spring, TX
Applies expert subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving most complex business/technical issues within established policies. Manages activities of non-exempt/exempt individual contributors (typically Expert/Master) and/or MG1s. Has accountability for a large multi-department area(s) or location(s) with significant impact on business unit results and organizational strategy. Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policies and long-term goals of the organization. Plans, manages and monitors high-end operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members' primary focus is on either high-end tactical or broad strategic issues or a combination of both. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Position typically reports to Director or above.
- Directs and controls activities within a sub-region or Region.
- Manages a team of 10 analysts. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
- Position will be based in Houston, TX only
- Manages a team of exempt individual contributors, supervisors, and Manager Ithat typically support a large and complex business unit or finance function.
- Responsible for hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; ensures that the proper tools are in place to support the team and the processes.
- Leads complex financial analysis for a global business or finance function, exercising a strong understanding of the business to determine the best method for achieving objectives.
- Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting and analysis to the business.
- Consults with business leaders to drive and influence strategic decision-making within a broad scope (e.g., long-term business planning, product analysis and development, balancing risk, approving significant deals, etc.)
- Proactively drives process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function globally.
- Actively reviews, analyzes, and manages the key controls within the domain of responsibility to ensure compliance with legal and accounting requirements (e.g., GAAP, SBC, AFM).
- Manages external vendors (e.g., auditors).
- Provides leadership during implementation of business-wide programs and products.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree and/or accounting certification (e.g., CPA, MBA) strongly preferred.
- Typically 10+ years of experience in a finance function.
- Typically 2+ years of supervisory and/or leading a project team experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Superior understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent people management skills, including managing teams across countries.
- Exemplifies and fosters a growth mindset both internally and within a team.
- Excellent communication skills, catered to a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Strong understanding of HP's policies and processes.
- Excellent consulting, influence, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
Back to top