Senior Engineering Manager - MS Dynamics
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world. We provide technology and services that help people and companies address their problems and challenges, and realize their possibilities, aspirations and dreams. We apply new thinking and ideas to create more simple, valuable and trusted experiences with technology, continuously improving the way our customers live and work.
No other company offers as complete a technology product portfolio as HP. We provide infrastructure and business offerings that span from handheld devices to some of the world's most powerful supercomputer installations. We offer consumers a wide range of products and services from digital photography to digital entertainment and from computing to home printing. This comprehensive portfolio helps us match the right products, services and solutions to our customers' specific needs.
Who we are
We are the leading printing and personal systems technology company in the world, and we are here to create technology that makes life better for everyone everywhere.
In an ever-changing, connected world, HP Inc. keeps reinventing itself, its technologies, and what tomorrow holds—so industries, communities, and individuals can keep reinventing how they operate, ideate, and create what matters the most to them.
We operate with the heart, creativity, and energy of a startup, and with the brain, muscles, and determination of a Fortune 100 corporation. We will use this unique combination, along with our 50,000 world-class employees and 76-year legacy of innovation, to engineer experiences that amaze our customers.
What we stand for
We believe in a Blended Reality created by the fusion of the physical and digital worlds. We believe everyone is a creator when empowered by intuitive, accessible technology. And we believe technology should work for you and adapt to your needs, context, and environment.
HP.com Sales IT team is looking for a hands-on Senior Engineering Manager who can lead, architect and deliver elegant technical solutions for high revenue generating, high traffic hit Sales IT web and backend experiences. The ideal candidate is solid technical/team leader, result-oriented, confident, analytical, forward thinking, solution provider, hands–on, effective communicator and collaborator. The candidate must have a proven track record of designing and implementing high performing, scalable solutions. Candidate must have experience leading web/CRM software engineering teams, collaborating with business teams, working with partners & vendors, and evaluating 3rd party solutions to assist in build vs. buy decisions. Candidate should also be an expert in providing simplified solutions to complex problems using latest technologies, frameworks, tools, prototyping, industry standard best practices for performance, scalability and optimizations.
Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science and/or related technical major and a minimum of 12 years of experience.
- Lead, manage, mentor, coach global engineering teams and be a role-model of engineering leader
- Accountable to manage, deliver, support and own multiple parallel work-streams and applications end to end in the lifecycle
- Collaborate, coordinate and manage expectations well with distributed team members, cross functional teams, business/IT stake holders, partners and vendors
- Strategize and lead technical architecture/design/solutions that enables business to produce results faster, better and cheaper while achieving high performance, scalability, reliability and quality
- Translate business needs into capability designs and solutions, assigning responsibilities to systems and solution components
- Evaluate total cost of ownership and return on investment
- Designing and delivering CRM integrations, CRM customizations, reusable web/portal components, back end components and Web Services
- Pro-actively identify continuous improvements for higher effectiveness across team, processes and applications and maintain health
- Lead the development and improvements of compelling web/portal and backend applications
- Provide fiscal leadership and optimize cost across the Sales IT
- 12+ years of design and development experience with at least 6+ years of managing large engineering/development teams, plans, work-streams and budget
- 6+ years of team leadership experience, managing leads/architects, working with business/IT stakeholders, partners, vendors and cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence rather than positional authority and result-orientation for multiple parallel efforts
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), distributed team collaboration/coordination skills, coaching and team mentoring skills
- 6+ years in a technical leadership role with Microsoft Dynamics CRM, high traffic Web/portal and Backend development
- Expert level in Microsoft Dynamics CRM, C# and/or .Net technologies, Java/J2EE, Liferay portal and frameworks
- Expert level in performance optimization and web security strategies for Front End as well as Back End components/services
- Strong OO design knowledge, design patterns, database design (SQLServer, Oracle and/or other RDBMS)
- Strong experience in Web Services creation/integration (WSDL-SOAP, REST etc.), XML, JSON and Ajax processing
- Proficiency with Informatica and/or TIBCO, Microsoft SSIS, ETL, and SSRS
- Experience in development of multi layered/tiered applications
- Ability to work flexibly, be a driver and get things done.
- Development expertise in Agile/Scrum and/or Waterfall Methodologies
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure cloud environment
- Unix/Shell scripting, Windows/PowerShell scripting
- IIS, Weblogic, JBoss, Apache or Tomcat, Eclipse, Visual Studio
- Experience with SVN (Sub version) and Continuous Integration/Dev OPS
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top